What is Limitless Libraries?
Limitless Libraries is an amazing program that allows MNPS students (like YOU!) to have items delivered to their schools from Nashville Public Library. Limitless Libraries also orders new materials for your school library. We told you it was amazing!
How do I sign up?
If you are a K-12th grade student at a traditional MNPS school, then you are automatically signed up!
Ok, I’m automatically signed up, but where do I get my Nashville Public Library Card?
Your 9 digit 190 number is now your library account number. If you are in 3rd-12th grade, you can use your 190 number to request that materials be delivered to your school library. You can also check stuff out at any of the 21 Nashville Public Library locations. You might have a school ID with your 190 number on it, or your school librarian might give you a card to help you remember. Treat those cards like library cards!
If you are in kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade, you can't use the Limitless Libraries delivery system just yet. But you can use your 190 number to check out items at any Nashville Public Library branch.
I can’t get logged in! Please help me!
The fastest thing to do is to talk to your school librarian. They can verify your information with Nashville Public Library to make sure you get logged in soon.
How do I actually request items to be sent to my school?
- Go to limitlesslibraries.org and click on “My Account” at the top of the page.
- Sign in to your account using your ID number and PIN. Ask your school librarian about your PIN if you don’t already know it.
- Look around for the materials that you want and then click “Place Hold.” Make sure your school is selected for the pick-up location, and Limitless Libraries will send the items that you want to your school.
Pro tip: Pay attention to whether or not there are holds on the items that you are requesting. If there aren’t any holds, we’ll get things to you as fast as we can. If there are holds, though, you’ll have to wait in line for the item and it might take a while. If there are holds on something that you need right away, check your school library’s shelves to see if you can just grab it there.
Can I request anything?
If you are in the 3rd or 4th grade, you can only request materials from Nashville Public Library’s Juvenile collection.
If you are in 5th-12th grade, though, you can request anything you want! We have books, movies, CDs, and Playaways, and Limitless Libraries will deliver them all. Wait, one exception: we will not send any R-rated movies to schools!
How many things can I check out at one time?
You can have 100 items checked out at one time. 10 of those can be DVDs.
If you are in the 3rd or 4th grade, you can have up to 5 items on hold.
If you are in 5th-12th grade, you can have up to 25 things on hold.
Where will my things be once they are delivered?
Items will be delivered to your school library. Check with your school librarian if you are waiting for something!
How long will it take to get my stuff?
If the items are available, we'll get them to you as fast as we can. It usually takes about a week. If there are holds, it is going to take longer. The more holds, the longer it will take. However, if you need something immediately, check your school library shelves.
What if I need to stop delivery?
Have your parent or guardian fill out the Revocation of Delivery Form (pdf) and give it to your school librarian.
Is it true that Nashville Public Library doesn’t charge any fines?
It’s true! You should still take care of the items that you check out, though!
Checkouts and Due Dates:
- You can check books, Playaways, and CDs out for 3 weeks and DVDs for 1 week.
- If you look at the Limitless Libraries sticker on an item that you’ve checked out, you’ll see its due date. This date is when you need to have the item either back to your school librarian or any Nashville Public Library branch.
- You can sign in to your account on limitlesslibraries.org and renew items that you need to keep longer, but you can’t renew items that have holds on them.
Late or Lost Items:
- You won’t be charged any fines if you return something to us late.
- If you are in the 5th-12th grade and you still haven’t returned an item 31 days after its due date, we’ll assume that you lost it and you’ll be charged a replacement fee based on what the individual item cost. If you have two or more lost items billed to you, we’ll freeze your account and you won’t be able to use it until you straighten out your situation.
- If you are in the 3rd or 4th grade, you won’t be charged any fines for lateness or any replacement fees for things that you lose. If you lose three items, though, your account will be frozen until you bring something back.