At the end of the 2016-2017 school year, Limitless Libraries surveyed students and teachers. Here's what we learned.
At the end of the 2016-2017 school year, Limitless Libraries did a huge survey in order to identify areas where we could improve our services. We asked MNPS students, teachers, and librarians to tell us how they use our program and to give us feedback about the way that we operate. We received thousands of responses, and we spent the summer sifting through the data.
Here’s what we found:
- Overall, most users are happy with Limitless Libraries!
- Delivery speed was by far the most-mentioned area for improvement.
- 80% of student respondents reported that reading library books helped them become better readers.
- 90% of educator respondents reported that NPL’s resources enhance their instruction.
Here’s how we responded to the input that we received:
- We completely overhauled our website to make it more up-to-date and user-friendly.
- We created video tutorials that provide instructions for using Limitless Libraries.
- We added book lists and recommendations to our website (we got a ton of requests for these!).
- We eliminated overdue fines!
Delivery speed is an ongoing project, but we’re working on it. The Limitless Libraries team works together with MNPS’s delivery staff to move an extremely high volume of materials around the city. We are always thinking of new ways to make things move more smoothly and quickly, and we’ll keep trying ideas out as our program grows.